Friday, August 20, 2010

Sony Vaio shuts off on its own...lovely.

Okay, so I wrote last week how I put on my big girl panties and took back the netbook I bought. I still thing that was the best decision I have made in a long time. It was so not worth my money. Well, now I am back to using my Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J. Don't get me wrong, I love this laptop...but the thing has a mind of its own. It shuts down for no reason at all. Every time I post on a form about it, I get the same response...."it's over heating." I know this is not what is happening because I can have it shut down all day, turn it on, and 5 minutes into it being on...the thing shuts off. The screen goes black and off it goes. Sometimes I can turn it right back on, other times it has to sit...! It really is driving me crazy. I can hear the fans working in it...I have restored the whole thing....still shuts off. I have found that it shuts off when I am playing my game I am addicted to....Frontierville. I do not know if that has anything to do with it, but it seems to shut off more when I play that...but that is not the only time that it will shut off.

I really do not want to take it to someone because for the amount I put into getting this fixed I can get another computer. I do plan on getting a new computer, but I just have to wait til we get some extra money.

If anyone has any ideas for me...please please please post them. I really love my laptop...other then shutting off it works really nice and I have no complaints. Any ideas or even better...solutions would be great!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Laura! said...

For like 20 bucks you can get this little pad that you sit it on. It has extra fans and you just plug it into a USB port on your computer. My lappy gets HOT, but using the fan pad makes it a lot less HOT. that might help if it is turning off because it's truly too hot.