Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Challenge *Day 28*

Day 28 — A scar you have, and its story or if no scars- a tattoo & story



My scar (as you can see) came about 10 years ago from my mom and dads parrot, Sam. That parrot was great, I would tease him so much but it was a love/hate relationship. I was never mean to him, he knew that I loved him...we would always just play around. Well, Sam liked to give kisses. He would always give kisses to me and let me rub his head. One day, I do not know what I was thinking but I gave him a kiss after I put on Vanilla lip gloss. (lol) I thought it was cute because after he gave me a kiss he sorta "tasted" the vanilla gloss and I let him. He was just tasting it....I thought it was cute. I told my mom to watch and before she could even say anything...you guessed it...Sam latched on. I tried to yell which scared him and he let go (thank goodness)!!! So, that is my scar. I think it is funny and I always laugh every time that I look at it. You really can not see it unless I flatten my lips and actually point it out, but I don't care...it was given by love, well sorta! ha!


Yesterday, Sam passed away after being with our family for over 20 years. We were never sure how old Sam was when we got him...since parrots usually live for over 70 years. I just want to say that he was a great pet, and will be misses. Love ya, stinky ol'bird! :)

No comments: