Sunday, September 26, 2010

Challenge *Day 26*

 *FYI...some how I skipped a day or messed up somewhere...so this one is off and should of been yesterday or whatever...hahaha...I guess that is why I am martini mama! :) Tomorrow I will have it back on track with day 27!


Day 26 — A recipe


 BUTTER BALLS!

1 cup soft butter
1/2 cup powdered  sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups white flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Blend together butter and sugar, add vanilla. (set aside)

Mix together flour and salt and then add to butter mixture gradually. Do not over beat.

Make round balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on cookie sheet (you can have them close because they will stay the same shape and size). Bake until firm, approximately 12-14 minutes. You want these to stay light and not burn. I usually let them get a LIGHT brown to them because it makes the outside have a nice little crunch.
Cool, then roll them in the powdered sugar! These are great, and my cousins favorite, so I always make them for her then tease her with pictures up til Christmas! 
Okay....now I wanna make these!

No comments: