Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I always get into awkward situations.

I need to share this story from yesterday. I wanted to write about it as soon as I got in the door but life stopped me. It was just one of those days yesterday and I was not having it....let me just say, I hate being a women once a month. Enough said.

I needed to get out of the house yesterday after the hubby got home. He told me our SUV needed gas so I volunteered to go out and get it so he wouldn't have to stop in the morning on his way to work. Seriously, I was not by any means being nice to him...I did it for 100% selfish reasons, so my ass could get out of the house. I of course had to go to the gas station the furthest away. Actually, I went there because our grocery store does fuel perks and I know I had $.35 off per gallon of gas. ANYWAY...I get there and the parking lot at this GetGo is horrible. (If anyone is in the Pittsburgh Area...it was the one in Robinson...need I say more) I pulled in to wait in the line for gas. Seriously, people do whatever they want in this lot, it is a fucking mess. So I was sitting there blocking traffic and I didn't care...don't mess with me while I am on my period. I mean, its bad enough for me to remember what side the gas tank is on.

I pull into my spot 10 minutes later and start pumping gas. This lady (upper class older women...you could just tell) yells "excuse me Hun" (that should of been my Que to ignore her in the first place...I had my big sunglasses on so I didn't have to make eye contact) BUT I did. I said "yes" She then goes to to say "How do I get to the restaurant Ditka's from here." (Right across the 4 lane high way is Ditkas) I pointed and said "its right across the street, go to this light and it is on your left" she begins to say "Well I know it is right there, is there a way to turn left into the lot" I said "I don't know, I think there may be but if not just keep going down and there is many of lots in the town center where you can turn around and then it will be on your side." OMG you would of thought I was talking Chinese. She then goes "Well I don't understand what you are saying...can I just cross traffic and pull in" I then started to get frustrated and my period hormones were telling me to go over and slap some sense into her a few times. I then said "I told you, I do not know if there is a way to cross and get in that way...I never tried it." She ROLLED HER EYES and got all huffy and puffy and asked me again. All I want to say is THANK GOODNESS FOR THE GUY NEXT TO ME. He was a short black guy and I saw he had a wife in the car that was watching this the whole time. He kept shaking his head every time she would ask me something over and over again. (Not that his color mattered, but I was setting the picture) This guy walks over and says "Dammit why don't you just move over and make her drive you there." He then continues "This women has told you over and over how to get over there, its common sense, how long have you had your license...my goodness!" She then sped off.

Seriously...if you see a place you have to get to and can not figure out how to pull in...you should not be on the road. I wish I would of taken a picture of the whole situation or at least pulled out the video. I always forget I have video on my iPhone. It would of been so fun to watch this lady over and over again.

I still want to know how she got mad at me for her ignorance. To top it off...how do I always get stuck into these situations. Please pass me a drink...



Photobucket

3 comments:

Trisha C said...

OMG...I wish I was there with you! That would have been sooooo funny to see some strange guy flip on that woman....How stupid can you be if you can't figure out how to get somewhere....

Martini Mama said...

I mean seriously? I gave good directions, but I honestly had NO IDEA if you could cross traffic and turn in there. It's not hard to figure out that you just go down and turn around somewhere and you will be on the side of the restaurant.

Unknown said...

If you don't know you don't know! Sheesh! Pass me a drink too - not my period - but life is pretty um...well...crappy is a nice way to put it these days. I snapped at the Ruby Tuesdays waitress last night because she didn't bring me my token garlic biscuits quick enough.

It as her first day. She was still training.