Thursday, June 17, 2010

No more Caillou....no more Caillou

Please please please no more Caillou. I can not take it anymore, it is like a form of torture. We watch Caillou from the time we get up in the morning until we go to sleep. There are only like 6 shows On Demand and all the boy wants to do is watch them over and over. If I tell him "no" or "it's mommies turn" he screams and screams, and I just can not take the screaming so I give in. I do not know what it is with this little Caillou person but it makes the boy so happy to watch and he gets in this trance as he is watching it....and is actually quiet some of the time. I do not know how to break him of this without the screaming, I just can not take the screaming.

Along with the screaming this week I have been getting hanged on all week. I don't want it to sound like I am a horrible mama that hates to have their child on them, because that is the farthest from the truth. I love having him on my lap, but there are times that I just need to be left alone. He will come up to me as I am trying to get classwork finished and just hang from my arm? Seriously? It can not be that fun to hang all over me. By the end of the day I do not want to be touched, then I get into bed or Andrew will come over and rub on me...seriously do not touch me. I just want my space. Then when I tell him I do not want to be touched I do not even want to be cuddled he gets offended. I do not understand how hard it is to understand that I do not want to be touched. When I say "touched" I mean I do not want you within 5 feet of me. I do not know how to explain it any clearer. I understand I am your wife...but please please please LEAVE ME ALONE. If you want to touch me, then take the boy out for about 2 hours, let me have that time to just chill out. I do not get that. NEVER. The only break I ever get is if I run to the store in the evening, but to me that is not a break, when I go to the store I am then dealing with those looney tunes at the store. Foreplay for me is laying on the couch with no child, a martini, and lifetime movie network. This does not involve me sitting here trying to get school work done, cleaning, or anything. It involves me doing NOTHING. If I could have that a few times a week maybe then I would want to be touched. Until then, leave me alone.

I do get a 24 hour break next weekend. My friends and I are having a girls weekend at her cabin. No running water, no electric, and this mama is looking forward to it. The only thing I am not looking forward to is it being hot. I am not a big fan of sweat....but I will deal. If I get a break from the husband and the kid for a day I will take it. The only thing that is not going to make me happy...coming home to a messy house. You know I can never come home to a clean house. So the whole break I am going to think about what I am coming home to...so is it really a break? I swear to goodness this whole mom this is way overrated.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of Caillou either! At least you're not stuck with Max and Ruby! Eeek! Enjoy the cabin. Needless to say I'm jealous! - Meredith

Barb said...

I had to comment when I saw Caillou! My daughter (now 11) used to be obsessed with Caillou. He's such a little whiner, I could hardly stand it. Haven't heard from Caillou in many years, thank God!