Sunday, August 1, 2010

I thought like an adult twice in one weekend!

I had a compete adult break through today. It doesn't happen often so when it does I get very proud of myself. Well, I bought that very cute net-book a week ago...remember the cute pink plaid one. Ya, well I took it back today! I had 14 days to return the item and I did it. The grand total for that cute little thing was $405! Seriously! The more I used it and the more I thought about it, it just wasn't worth that much money. It really wasn't. It honestly ran really slow and it ticked me off more then this piece of shit Sony Vaio shutting down. I am going to eventually get a new laptop, I need one for school, but for now I am just going to do all my major papers on Andrew's until I find something I like and that is priced good. I think if I wait til around Black Friday I will be able to find a deal that I like. So be it, a few more months won't kill me...but it might kill ya'll once I am down from being an adult and cursing out this computer for shutting off on me again!

Another adult moment I had this weekend...yes...I can't believe 2 in one weekend! I ran to Walgreens because my period snuck up and was actually on time for once so I needed that stuff. I walked in and what is right in front of my face...

I had no idea that Walgreens sold PILLOW PETS! I hear my 2 1/2 year old singing this all day long, asking for one when the commercial comes on and I haven't ordered one because I think $6 for shipping a pillow is just insane...now I do not have to! I saw the bumble bee....the "bzzzz" Xavier says every time I ask him which one he wants and I grabbed it....I was like then this wave of ration came over me. "You do not NEED to buy him this just because he wants it" I heard in my head "this would be a good Christmas gift" I tried fighting it but I put the bee down and stepped back. I DID IT...I didn't give into my "my child needs everything he wants." I fought it and I WON! I am 100% going back and buying that damn bee, but I am not doing it until I am on my way to my parents so I can stick it in our hiding spot for his Christmas gifts! How proud of myself I am, but I really did want to cuddle on that softness they call a pillow pet!

Oh how I love shopping for my son....but I love having adult rationing more!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay!! We were just talking about the netbook on the phone and our ridiculous spending! I am PROUD of you! Toryn wants a pillow pet, but it shall be a christmas present as well :)

Carolee said...

Good for you! It's not always easy being an adult....

Unknown said...

Good job!!! WOOHOO!!! So proud of you for making "adult" decisions!